Skip to content Help us improve our website

Heritage Ireland

Custom House Visitor Centre

Ireland’s best-known architectural marvel

BOOK ONLINE

See all opening times

Custom House Visitor Centre

Ireland’s best-known architectural marvel

BOOK ONLINE

See all opening times

Limited Access

** Please contact us in advance for mobility access.
For wheelchair access at weekends and bank holidays please contact us at least 3 days in advance.
Groups of 10 people or more must email in advance to arrange a booking

Admission

Tickets can be purchased online on our website

Tickets can be purchased onsite by Credit Card only

Tickets once purchased cannot be refunded

All Visitors including children must have a ticket.

Groups of 10 people or more must email customhousevc@opw.ie in advance to arrange a booking.

Click here for our current price list

Groups of 10 people or more must email customhousevc@opw.ie in advance to arrange a booking

Audio Guides (no extra charge) available in English, Irish, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Chinese.

 

BOOK ONLINE

Getting here

Custom House Quay
Dublin 1
D01W6X0

Get Directions

Follow us

Custom House Visitor Centre

This architectural icon stands on the Liffey quays, which were once Ireland’s major trade route to the wider world. The architect James Gandon completed the building, a masterpiece of European neoclassicism, in 1791. Admire the decorative detail of Edward Smyth's beautifully executed stonework carvings on the exterior and the famous carved keystones depicting the terrible heads of the river gods. There are 14 of these – one for every major river of Ireland.

The Custom House witnessed not only the development of a great city, but also some of the most turbulent milestones in its history. The building was destroyed by burning in 1921 and later restored to its former splendour.

The stories of the building, burning and restoration of Dublin’s Custom House are now brought to life in a new and fascinating exhibition, revealing a rich, many-layered story that spans over 200 years.

Opening Times

Open all year

Daily  10:00 – 17:30

Last admission 16:45

For mobility access please contact us in advance. For wheelchair access at weekends and bank holidays please contact us at least 3 days in advance.

 

Contact

Custom House Quay
Dublin 1
D01W6X0

046 940 7140

Getting Here

The Custom House is located in Dublin city centre on the north quay facing the river Liffey between Butt Bridge and Talbot Memorial Bridge.

Open location in Google Maps

Click the relevant icon below to open Maps directions

Facilities

  • Exhibition
  • Lift
  • River Walk
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Wheelchair Accessible Toilet
  • WiFi

Restrictions

  • Assistance dogs only

Nearby sites to visit

You might also like

Heritage Card

Unlimited access to Ireland’s past

Buy one today

Join our mailing list

Keep up to date on our news, events, activities and publications.

Subscribe